Oscar Academy Announces the nomination list of Foreign Language Movies.
The nine films include Palme D or winner ‘the square’, but Angelina Jolie from ‘Killed only MY father’.
The Academy announced nine films on Thursday that will compete for nominations for the best foreign language movie Oscars.
The Swedish art of the list, Ruben Ostland in the world, includes several entries of candidate such as the Festival of Cannes D Palma or cattle and the Russian drama Lavliles, which was described by a divorced couple in search of their missing son. Directed by Andrey Javagnitsave, who won the Cannes jury prize.
But there are some surprising omissions: Angelina Jolie phast her film in Cambodia, she could not win a nomination for the kyuuld AMI father, who also got the Golden Globe nomination. And presentation of France’s BPM, Robin Kaimpilo (beats per minute), was also successful in finding space for AIDS workers, who won the Grand Prix Prize at Cannes.
The list of films was selected from the 92 records registered by their respective countries. They select films now constituted in committees in New York, Los Angeles and London, which voted for the film in the category for the announcement of January 23.
The films on the list and in their country of origin are:
- Chile, a fantastic woman, Sebastián Lelio, director
- Germany, in the fading, Fatih Akin, director
- Hungary, in body and soul, Ildikó Enyedi, director
- Israel, Foxtrot, Samuel Maoz, director
- Lebanon, the insult, Ziad Doueiri, director
- Russia, Loveless, Andrey Zvyagintsev, director
- Senegal, Félicité, Alain Gomis, director
- South Africa, the wound, John Trengove, director
- Sweden, the Plaza, Ruben Östlund, director
The nine titles will now screen for committees who will vote for the final nominees in the category, which will be announced Jan. 23. The 90th Oscars will be held Sunday, March 9, and will be televised on ABC.